A tight mid-back can wreak havoc on your golf swing. If you are very tight in your mid-back then chances are you are not able to create enough torso rotation during your backswing. You may also struggle with downswing rotation through to a powerful finish. Enter stage right… a handy towel!
I also show several other ways to open the mid back.
MOVEMENT KEYS WITH TOWEL
• Roll up a small towel and place it at the base of your rib cage or upper back area
• Lift arms to 90 degrees or overhead
• Rotate externally to open the shoulder area
• Relax and breathe until you feel the release, which may take as long as two minutes or more
MOVEMENT KEYS WITH FOAM ROLLER
• Place the foam roller on side body to target lats, chest and shoulders
• Press down into roller to trigger the muscle
• Hold, roll up and down, or move across the muscle fibers
• Hold or roll until you feel the release, which may take as long as two minutes or more